Sunday, January 9, 2011

Can you believe we're getting ready for Kindergarten?

Families are out looking for the right Kindergarten classroom right now!  That may not be a surprise to those of you who have a Kindergarten student at Sioux Trail, but I'm talking about families enrolling their students for the 2011-12 school year!

We have our Sioux Trail Kindergarten Registration night on February 1, but as you all know the doors are always open.  Last week I did a tour for two neighborhood families who want to explore all of their options including William Byrne Elementary and there is another tour scheduled for Monday morning.  I think Sioux Trail is a terrific place where our staff do great work with students, I love telling our stories and sharing this wonderful facility.

Kindergarten has a wide variety of meanings and I think the meaning depends on who you are.  One of things I know about Kindergarten is that it is our single largest enrollment of students.  For a relatively small school like Sioux Trail this enrollment of new students is essential to maintaining our school.  What used to be a fairly routine activity has become more challenging as the number of options for schools grow.  I believe we're doing our very best using the resources we have access to and working within the parameters set by the district and when given the chance I want to share our work with families.

If you are a Sioux Trail family with great stories about "the Trail" please pass those on to other families, if you have "not so good" stories please pass those along to me so that I can address those issues.

No comments: